Springfield Art Museum
- Sale Price: : $180,000.00
- Start Date: April 28, 2014
- Project Completion: September 14, 2014
Scope of Work
MSI was hired to retrofit the Springfield Missouri Art Museum buildings mechanical. The HVAC system was extremely inefficient and outdated. The challenge was working within short windows in order to reduce temperature and humidity fluctuations that could have damaged the art. One of the ways we accomplished this was to first install a new air handling unit to service the art gallery along with a steam humidifier to ensure the artwork remained at an appropriate humidity level. MSI was also hired to them replace and remodel the ceiling that we removed during the mechanical phase of this project.
- Core drilled walls to install new piping and ductwork.
- Removed ceiling tile to access existing fan coil units.
- Coordinated with museum during shutdowns to minimize temperature/humidity fluctuation.
- Installed structural bracing for existing mezzanine.
Installed new air handling unit to service the art gallery.
- All associated electrical, piping and ductwork installed with air handling unit.
- Installed a steam humidifier to keep art work at appropriate humidity level.
- Installed new BAS controls system to new and existing equipment.
- Reinstalled ceiling.