Tefft Administration Building
- Sale Price: $514,850.00
- Notice To Proceed: July 10, 2012
- Work started: October 30, 2012
- Substantial Completion: January 31, 2013
- Liquidated per damages: $1,000.00
Scope of Work
MSI was hired as the mechanical contractor to retrofit the Tefft Administration building in Springfield Missouri. The extensive demolition required MSI to remove all the existing mechanical system, remove lead paint, excavate for underground utilities and repair the old windows and frames of this classic office building. MSI then installed a new VRF system which is a heat pump system consisting of outdoor units and indoor cassettes that efficiently disperse cold or hot air.
- Removed Existing mechanical systems (boilers, steam piping, wall & ceiling radiators).
- Removed lead based paint in areas indicated on plans.
- Removed existing overhead electrical system.
- Excavated area for underground utilities.
- Repaired old windows and frames.
- New VRF System (variable refrigerant flow). This is a heat pump style system. It consists of outdoor units heat pumps and indoor cassettes that disperse cold or hot air.
- (1)New MAU (Make up Air Unit) This piece of equipment brings a percentage of outside air into the building to condition the space.
- Removed portion of existing roof to install equipment curbs.
- Framed Pony Walls in attic space under equipment curbs to support new equipment.
- Poured Concrete pad for new generator.
- (1) New Generator added for emergency lighting, security alarm and fire protection.
- New Fire Alarm installed throughout building.
- Installed new Honeywell controls system.
- New underground electrical upgrade to support new mechanical systems. (MDP, HVAC panel, EM panel, Sub panels)
- Emergency Lighting package.
- Test & Balance (air & water)